Friday, November 20, 2009

Six Months and New Buddy

On the 18th, Cohen turned six months. I can't believe how big our little boy has gotten. Cohen is able to roll over...and roll over...and roll over! He doesn't stop. The other day I was in a hurry trying to clean up a broken bottle of spaghetti sauce in the drive way when I heard Cohen screaming in the house. I ran in the living room to find him up against the entertainment center. He had finally learned to continue his rolls, but got stuck and didn't know what to do. Now, I will have to watch him more closely when he is on the ground! Besides rolling on the ground, we have noticed a change in the way he sleeps. In the past, I would put him in his crib and he would scoot himself up to the top of the crib at night. Now, he completely turns around and rolls in his crib. I went into get him from a nap to find him flipped around and up against the bumper. It looked like he was trying to jail break his crib, but fell asleep in the process.

Cohen is getting closer to sitting up. We were hoping he would be sitting all by himself for Thanksgiving so I can get his six months pictures taken. I guess he will be getting pictures without sitting up. Our new goal is that he will be sitting up by Christmas! Over the last two months, we have introduced Cohen to a variety of solid foods. He definitely likes the fruits over the vegetables with the exception of sweet potatoes. I have thoroughly enjoy the adventure of trying new foods. I love watching his facial expressions when he tries something new. This week we are trying Green Beans. I hope he likes them better then the peas!


Cohen now shares his half birthday with his new buddy Jason. My sister Jamie had her baby on Wednesday. We are thrilled to have Baby Jason. He is darling! I think Cohen is a little jealous of all of Jason's hair though. I told Jamie he already needs a hair cut! I am so excited for Cohen to have a cousin to grow up with. I remember how much fun I had with my cousins when I was younger. Cohen will have Jason plus two more on the way (Baby Nolan and Baby Lilly). We can't wait for all these babies to come.
I love how Cohen's eyes look so blue in this picture. Last Saturday, we took Cohen to Grandma Gloria's to help clean out the shed. He looked like a marshmallow in his blue jacket. I also love this picture of Cohen in his new shirt. Tyler's Mom gave Cohen this cute Spanish Fork Dons Baseball shirt. We were hoping he would wear it this next spring, but he already fits into it. I guess he'll need a new one when the season starts. He is probably the youngest boy to have a shirt like this!

1 comment:

RhettandCass said...

oh my gosh...could he get any cuter??? I love all your pictures you post of him. He is seriously so handsome! He is going to be a heartbreaker:) - sorry im just now answering your question, Rhett and i live in Herriman. We love it! We bought a house a little over a year ago. Rhett is going to the U for his masters so we needed to move closer. How are you guys anyway? Are you ready for the holidays? I swear its so much more fun celebrating everything with a new little baby, huh :) they make everything a lot more fun!