Thursday, December 16, 2010
...19 months...
Wow! I can't believe Cohen is 19 months on Saturday. He is turning into a little boy over night. Recently, Cohen learned to jump/climb out of his crib. At first, he only came out when he didn't want to go to sleep, but now he has learned, he can jump out any time he wants. In return, we get a 6:00 a.m. wake up call. Yesterday, I went to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and there was my little guy. He was up and ready to go; unfortunately, I think I hit my last official snooze on Saturday!
Even with the early wake up calls, we still love our little man to pieces. Cohen is trying to copy everything we say and can string a 2-3 word sentence together. Some of his favorite sayings include: "I want bite", "I want Dad", and "Brock school". On Tyler's day off, he taught Cohen that Mom goes to school and now when you ask him where someone is at, he will reply with school. It is really cute because he says it in the saddest little voice with his eye brows squished together.
Cohen is enjoying the holiday season. He LOVES lights. Everywhere we go, we hear about the lights. When we drive pass Christmas lights, he loves to say, "WOW!" I get the biggest kick out of hearing the expression he uses in his voice. He also is obsessed with turning on our Christmas lights in the house. Usually after out 6:00 a.m. wake up call, he wants to go turn on the lights. I am afraid he will be disappointed once they are gone.
At 19 months, Cohen has many favorite things. Tigger and his baseball bat are still on top of the list. He takes these things with him everywhere he goes. He also loves his uncle Brock and talks about him constantly. I have found that everything in our house belongs to Brock and that includes all the Christmas presents and MY BOOKS! Cohen also loves going to his grandparents' houses. He gets excited when we pull up to either house and especially loves seeing Grandpa Shoe because he will take him to get all the mental bats and hard balls available.
The last week or so, we have been trying to teach Cohen about family prayer. He has started to learn how to fold his arms, but doesn't like to close his eyes yet. He is too interested in watching Tyler and me during the prayer. My favorite part to our family prayers is hearing him say "Amen" at the end. He says it so sincere and reverent.
Cohen has turned into the best little helper. Tyler and I decided he knows exactly what we ask him to do, but he selectively chooses when he wants to listen. This last week we organized the garage and cleaned the house. Cohen was right at our side helping us along the way. For the most part, he listened really well and was good at taking things to the rooms they belonged in, but when Grandpa Shoe showed up, he needed a break. He decided he enjoyed hitting balls off the tee with Grandpa more than cleaning the house. I guess I don't blame him. I would have much rather been outside playing as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I loved it when Kaylee started "saying" prayers. She'd only say amen for the longest time but now she'll actually contribute. It's so much fun having a toddler. Good luck with your new wake up call. At least he's a cute one.
Post a Comment